For those of you who haven’t notice (fair play if you’ve somehow managed to avoid the shops, the emails and the adverts filled with your lover’s “perfect gift”) today is Valentine’s Day.
So it feels like the appropriate time to discuss office romance.
Good idea? Or asking for trouble?
Does love conquer all? I’ll let you decide…
There are pros and cons on both sides!
It’s just probably a good idea to consider the entire situation before crossing that line.
Recruiter Pro Tip.
Things to consider…
- What will happen if it all goes wrong?
- What will happen if it all goes right?
- How will your co-workers (and boss) feel?
- Is it legal/ against the company (written or unwritten) rules?
- Do you really (really) want to be around your romantic partner all day, every day?!
It’s all down to the individual! Some people can cope, some just can’t.
If you’d like to read more blog posts like this one, click here to subscribe to our our careers blog and we’ll pop across a quick weekly email with the latest!
Want to read more?
I’ve sourced some other Valentine’s themed blog posts for you this week…
- 4 Unexpected Ways Valentine’s Day and the Job Search Relate to Each Other
- 5 Reasons Job Hunting is Like Dating
- 8 Things Valentine’s Day and Job Searches Have In Common.
Enjoy!! (And Happy Valentine’s Day again).
Currently looking for a new job?
If you’re currently job-seeking, our friends over at Uptowork have created something that we can help!
It’s an online tool that enables you to build a professional CV within 5 minutes – and because you’re a reader of the Coburg Banks blog, they’d like to offer you a completely free trial until June (2017).
So if you’d like a brand spanking new CV and aren’t sure where to start, head over here: https://zety.com/ and type in the code vPNs95wZ at the checkout to get free access (until June).
Let us know how you get on.
If you’d like to receive a weekly update with our latest blog, as well as, tool recommendations like this one, then please do feel free to subscribe here.