A Light-bulb Moment!
Answer 3: First and foremost, for your own reference, name the switches “a, b and c.”
- Turn on switches a and b.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Turn switch b off.
- Enter the room.
- Whichever light bulb is now on, is controlled by switch a (the only one, still on).
- Feel the other 2 light bulbs (carefully).
- Whichever light bulb is warm is controlled by switch b.
- The cold light bulb must be controlled by switch c.
All you have to do is think outside the box!
Itching to know another brainteaser answer? Return to the original post here.