Is this a yolk?
Answer 4: Just One Box!
First, it’s important to note that ALL of the boxes are marked incorrectly…a lot of people miss that fact and thus get the wrong answer.
Let’s take a look…
- You open the box marked BIG and it’s filled of the small eggs.
- You know that the other two boxes must contain the big and mixed egg groups.
- Those two boxes are marked SMALL and MIXED.
- Now the box labelled MIXED must hold the big eggs because all boxes are labelled incorrectly.
- Which leaves the SMALL box holding the big eggs.
…and all you had to do was open one box of eggs! Simple really.