- £20000 - £23000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: Desktop Support (1st/2nd Line)
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000 p/a
Benefits: Upto 25 Days Hol, Pension, Employee Discount
A multi-award winning eCommerce company with several international offices is urgently seeking an enthusiastic Desktop Support specialist to join their highly regarded IT Team and strengthen the IT Department at their office close to Birmingham City Centre.
Do you want to be associated with an industry leader trusted with major international Blue chip clients? Are you a 1st/2nd Line Support Specialist with strong hands-on commercial experience? If yes, why not become part of a company that has grown phenomenally and is an innovative leader in the market place?
- Competitive salary
- Convenient location close to Central Birmingham
- Upto 25 days’ annual holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Generous employee discount
- Childcare vouchers
- Key input and involvement varying technical issues
- Excellent and genuine career progression
- Significant training provided (working towards Microsoft Certification/s)
- Option to attend relevant courses surrounding current techologies
- Working in a highly established company with an annual turnover of £100 million+
The Role Requirements:
- Strong commercial hands-on (2+ YEARS’)
- Ability to work well in an existing team of Support specialists
- Ability to install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot PCs running various flavours of MS Windows, Microsoft Office and other authorised desktop applications
- Ability to address technical printer issues
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Account administration (account creation/management on Exchange, Active Directory, etc)
- Around 3 years’ commercial experience
- Experience of Xenapp/Xendesktop/Virtual Desktops (highly desirable)
This role is suited to someone who has a good understanding Microsoft Desktop Support Applications and can support the company’s customer/user base. You will be offered the benefit of additional training if required however you will be given a level of autonomy with this role and the flexibility to take technical decisions relating to Hardware/Software Support.
Please feel free to get in touch with me for further information, confidentially.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us