- £30000 - £380000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Role: 3rd Line / Infrastructure Support Analyst
Salary: £30.000 – £38.000
3rd Line Infrastructure Support Analyst required to provide a high level of infrastructure support across my clients Desktop, Network and Server environments. To ensure effective use of information technology through its efficient installation, development, support and maintenance.
Specific Experience Required:
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft technologies
- Detailed knowledge and experience with server virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Knowledge and experience with server hardware
- Allocate time and priority to problems and projects
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Detailed, logical and analytical thinker
- Dealing with Complexity
- Handles Pressure
- Informing Others.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Inlcude but not Limited to:
- 3rd line technical escalation point for calls
- Problem resolution documentation with effective knowledge transfer to 2nd line and Service Desk, taking into account current systems processes and procedures
- Diagnose a problem. Investigate a solution. Efficiently document the solution as required, disseminating information to all relevant staff members. Take into account changes to existing systems and processes
- will be required to undertake various projects of differing complexity and scale as defined by the Network Manager and Head of IT to be completed within predefined and agreed timescales
- Consult with the Senior Network Analyst / Network Manager to plan the time and resources required to complete projects / activities assigned
- Documentation of new systems, configuration changes and enhancements
- Effective and detailed logging of change requests to current standards
- Peer review change requests when required
Technical enviromment includes:
- User base circa 600
- Circa 300 terminals / users connected through a VDI infrastructure spread across 3 sites to a VMware View (Horizon 5.x) environment
- Approximately 300 laptop users using Windows 7, centrally- configured/managed using VMware Mirage
- Current Microsoft technologies including Windows Server 2012 migration, Exchange 2010, CRM 2011 and SQL 2012 including clustering and web farm load balancing hosted on VMware5.x architecture.
- Circa 250 servers running on a VMware virtualised platform
- Redundant Wide Area VPLS network connecting three UK based sites.
- Dual 1GB links Leeds and London for BCP purpose.
- IBM i v7r1 on an IBM System i, with 3 partitions (Live, Test and Development), replicated onto similar machine, with single partition for HA.
Role will suit applicants who have worked as – 3rd Line Support Analyst, Infrastructure Support, Infrastructure Architect.