Job Role: Applications Support
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid working)
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Benefits: Generous Pension, Great Annual Leave, Life Cover
Why should I apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a traditional, future-focused, and growing financial company that has great career progression opportunities and things in place to build as much relevant knowledge as possible.
Tell me about the company…
My client is a well-established and forward-thinking financial company with 9 different branches located across the UK whose main goal is to improve and update its digital footprint. Another large goal for the company is to improve their customer service levels and onboarding process so they can elevate themselves above their competition.
What will I be doing?
As an Applications Support Engineer, you will be working within a team of 6 people (excluding 3rd party companies) mainly providing internal and external application support. The main application you will working with is Sopra, their banking system, as well as working with various Data Loss Prevention Tools and providing general 1st/2nd Line IT Support internally.
Applications Support responsibilities:
- Application Management of their core banking systems (Sopra Banking Software)
- Supporting, Maintaining and Administrating Data Loss Prevention tools
- Managing requests supporting business users with IT requirements for small changes.
- Maintaining and managing client IT assets.
- Working with test teams to deliver technology solutions and code fixes
- Responsible for supporting computer workstations and associated software within Head Office and Branch Network (including some hardware support)
- Assistance with audit reviews of our technology processes and procedures
What’s in it for me?
- £40k – £45k Salary
- Colleague award bonus
- Flexible work hours
- 28 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- 10% pension
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent training opportunities
Am I right for the role?
- 3+ years’ experience providing Banking System support
- 2+ years’ experience working with Data Loss Prevention Tools
- 2+ years’ experience providing internal IT support at a 2nd Line level
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.