We’re looking for a talented and energetic Assistant Shop Manager in Bristol. Our client, one of Britain’s fastest growing multi-channel retailers of tools, accessories and building supplies, would like to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of providing fantastic leadership in a retail setting.
Please note: This is a full-time role at the Longwell Green shop, just outside the east fringe of Bristol. Shifts will include weekdays and weekends. The company place great emphasis on work / life balance and strive to help you achieve that.
Offering an attractive salary of circa £24,000 alongside one of the best benefits packages in retail, including…
– Company pension scheme and life assurance, bonus scheme
– Save and buy as you earn, a variety of generous retail discount schemes
– Financial education and support, recognition awards, plus more…
As Assistant Shop Manager you would act as an inspirational leader, inspiring customer loyalty and coaching the team to be the best they can be. This isn’t your average retail role. It’s much more than just a store job. On top of serving customers you’ll also be checking deliveries, picking items from the warehouse and stocking shelves.
You would be tasked with…
– Supporting the Store Manager in achieving and exceeding branch targets
– Coaching, motivating and engaging the team, creating a great place to work where engagement is key
– Mucking in; checking and unpacking deliveries, opening and closing the branch, stocking shelves, cleaning the branch and putting orders together
– Providing a great customer experience, ensuring customers leave the branch with everything that they need
– Building a fun working environment, maintaining product availability and high branch standards, while making sure the branch is somewhere everyone loves coming to work
Management / supervisory experience within a retail environment will be required, as will strong leadership and coaching skills. In addition, it’s essential that you possess the following:
– Proven experience of using your skillset to develop a team of people
– Strong problem-solving ability, able to manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers’ needs.
– An inclusive mindset, recognising and valuing that difference is good.
You could be perfect for this opportunity if you have previously worked as any of the following: Assistant Shop Manager, Deputy Manager, Team Leader, Duty Manager, Line Manager, Shift Leader, Store Supervisor.
One of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe, out-performing the market to become a key multi-channel retailer of tools, accessories and building supplies across the UK.
You would be joining a nimble, entrepreneurial business, part of Travis Perkins plc, who employ over 20,000 people and have been helping to build GB for over 200 years.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Assistant Shop Manager role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.