- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Business Intelligence Manager / BI Manager required to join my Lancashire based client. My client a market leader in the sector are currently looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Manager to join the operation in Lancashire.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience at a similar level, will be technically sounds across SQL Server, SSIS,SSRS and SSAS, but will also have team and stakeholder management experience.
The role will be accountable for internal and external (client facing) management information covering; Business performance, forecasting and trend analysis,data project delivery,data consistency (definition) and leadership of the business intelligence team
Proven experience working in a leadership role within a data/MI team environment. Experience of working to tight deadlines within a project environment is essential. Proven ability to influence and motivate through communication. An organised person with excellent time management skills. Experience of the insurance/financial services sector is desirable. Excellent communication skills are vital.
- 4 years+ people management experience within a similar field is essential
- Good strategic and tactical business skills and a passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Expert proficiency in SQL, Excel, Microsoft BI Toolset (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS) required. Including strong spreadsheet, data-management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the Kimball Data Warehouse Methodology
- Proven ability to engage with and manage stakeholders from front line agents up to C-level executives
Produce weekly and monthly reports for accounts and Group led accident management accounts
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for management team
- Ad hoc reporting
- Automation of standardised reports
- Spearhead for data consistency and accuracy
Duties will include but will not be limited to –
1 Internal and external business performance reporting
2 Develop financial planning, reporting and analysis tools to support the business
3 Design and implement automated business reporting and dashboard processes to provide daily, weekly, and monthly visibility on business performance and trends
4 Provide insight that brings total transparency to key trends and issues underlying business performance that will ultimately determine leadership level corrective action plans
5 Act as the leader regarding determination of the Business Process Services team’s data strategy, partnering as required with Technology Solutions and Data Warehouse teams
6 Partner closely with others in the Operations and Finance teams to ensure metric standardisation is coordinated throughout the company
7 Lead efforts to adopt and deploy best practices regarding the use of statistical forecasting and other analytics
8 Support organisational needs for ad-hoc reporting and presentations
9 To undertake any other duties consistent with the position
10 Comply with all company rules and procedures especially those relating to health & safety, FCA and SRA Compliance and data protection with an obligation to remain informed and up-to-date on all such matters.