- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Buyer – Chilled & Frozen Food
Based in London (W5)
Salary up to £35,000 + Benefits
We are currently seeking a self motivated individual who can work well within a small head office Buying team.
– Work in a fun, dynamic culture with a supportive upper management structure
– An opportunity to join a privately owned ambitious young company with further expansion plans
An organic supermarket chain based in London that is passionate about bringing well priced, quality organic products and natural remedies to its local communities.
Key areas of the chilled food/deli/frozen buyer role will include:
– Overall management of the product strategy (range, event & promotion) for Chilled, Deli & frozen categories
– Negotiation of supplier trading terms to meet financial targets
– Identifying new product development opportunities
– Development of own label product ranges
– Competitor Analysis
– Continual sourcing of new suppliers
– Setting of promotional strategy
– Forging close relationships with suppliers and store teams
The Successful Applicant
– Buying experience within the chilled food and deli sectors is ideal
– Experience within a deli/chacuterie/speciality foods department is ideal
– Strong knowledge and relationship with supplier base for organic cheese and chacuterie products as well as operational equipment suppliers and service contractors
– Developed negotiation skills
– Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
– A proven record of working to deadlines
– Excellent supplier management skills
– Excellent relationship building skills
– Strong commercial acumen
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
Up to £35K p.a. plus bonus, full healthcare for you + family, 20% staff discount, 25day + Bank Holidays (up to 5 more days with long service).
This position offers excellent training and provides an excellent step in progressing your buying career. To apply please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter, quoting ref. ASN11.
This job will suit individuals who have wored as: Buyer, Senior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Manager.