- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Buyer – Chilled & Frozen Food
Based in London (W5)
Salary up to £35,000 + Benefits
We are currently seeking a self motivated individual who can work well within a small head office Buying team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced purchasing professional to join a privately owned ambitious young company with further expansion plans, and work in a fun, dynamic culture with a supportive upper management structure.
Key areas of the chilled food/deli/frozen buyer role will include…
– Overall management of the product strategy (range, event & promotion) for Chilled, Deli & frozen categories
– Negotiation of supplier trading terms to meet financial targets
– Identifying new product development opportunities
– Development of own label product ranges
– Competitor Analysis
– Continual sourcing of new suppliers
– Setting of promotional strategy
– Forging close relationships with suppliers and store teams
– Buying experience within the chilled food and deli sectors is ideal
– Experience within a deli/chacuterie/speciality foods department is ideal
– Strong knowledge and relationship with supplier base for organic cheese and chacuterie products as well as operational equipment suppliers and service contractors
– Developed negotiation skills
– Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
– A proven record of working to deadlines
– Excellent supplier management skills
– Excellent relationship building skills
– Strong commercial acumen
An organic supermarket chain based in London that is passionate about bringing well priced, quality organic products and natural remedies to its local communities. Offering up to £35K p.a. plus bonus, full healthcare for you + family, 20% staff discount, 25day + Bank Holidays (up to 5 more days with long service).
This position offers excellent training and provides an excellent step in progressing your buying career. To apply please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter, quoting ref. ASN13.
This job will suit individuals who have worked as: Buyer, Senior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Manager.