- £7.50 - £8.20 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
- LXS - EQ
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Due to expansion, my client has a number of Care Assistant and Senior Care Assistant posts, working in one of their nursing homes 3 miles outside Warminster. They’re looking for Part Time and Full Time staff and have a variety of shifts including Days, Evenings, Weekends and Nights. As a Carer you’ll be providing a high quality care service to elderly residents, many of whom have Dementia and as a Senior Carer you’ll also take responsibility for the supervision of other staff. My client offers excellent working conditions, the opportunity to complete training and qualifications and competitive pay rates.
Working within a brand new state of the art unit, your responsibilities will include;
- Undertaking personal care duties as required for service users including toileting, washing, feeding, moving and handling
- Supporting service users in a way that maintains dignity and privacy, choice and independence.
- Keeping accurate records on individual case files. This will include basic care planning, reviews and reports.
- Participating in organised activities, to meet service user’s needs; some basic food preparation and domestic tasks; one to one activities and group sessions.
In addition Senior Care Assistants will;
- Supervise, monitor and work alongside your team. Ensuring that carers and ancillary staff perform tasks to the required standard by the use of spot checks and hands on supervision.
- Help with the formulation of social and health care plans for residents.
- Participate in staff meetings and in staff training and development; to be involved with NVQ provision and assessing up to level 3. To provide daily support to your team
The Successful Candidate
- Due to the rural location (Longbridge deverill) of the home you’ll need your own transport
- You’ll need good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You’ll have a caring personality and have an understanding of the physical, personal and mental health needs of elderly residents
- You’ll need an NVQ 2 in Care or the commitment to obtain this qualification; this may require some training in your own time.
- You’ll need to be able to follow a set plan of care
In addition, Senior Care Assistants will need to be qualified to NVQ level 3 have experience of working within elderly residential care and have the ability to supervise and motivate a team of staff. You’ll need the ability to formulate care plans and records.
Interested? Click Apply or send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment for consideration.
0121 362 2318
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a family run business who have over 25 years’ experience in the care sector and who are passionate about running their homes to the highest standard offering bespoke, person centred care for all their residents.