- £6.75 - £7.10 per hour
- Job Type:
- Colwyn Bay
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
- MAAKC 1
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Part Time and Bank Work available over Days/ Nights/ Weekdays and Weekends
Are you a friendly, caring person and enjoy helping people ?
We are looking for people to provide care and support to adults with Learning and or Physical disabilities, Older people and people with mental health needs to enable them to live independently within their own home or in Extra Care Housing.
The Role and Company
2014 was an extremely successful for this company who were awarded 2 extra care housing contracts by Conwy County Borough Council and also achieved the ‘Gold’ standard in ‘Investors in People’
Our client provides services including ‘Home Care’, ‘Supported Living’ and ‘Extra Care Housing’ and is one of the largest providers of domiciliary care in Conwy and are looking to recruit:
- Support Workers to provide one to one support to people with a Disability (learning and or physical). This will include undertaking all aspects of personal care (including moving and handling) and being focused on enabling and the promotion of independence, following a person centred plan of care. Hours are on a set weekly basis and will involve some sleep-ins and weekend work.
- Home Carers visit clients who live in their own homes and deliver care according to their care plan. This will involve assistance with personal care, bathing, moving and handling, shopping and meal preparation. Home Carers work a mixture of Mornings, Evenings, Weekdays and Weekends and we can accommodate candidates looking for part time or for just a few hours per week.
- Waking Nights between 2200 – 0800 or 2300 -0700 – regular set weekly hours
- Bank Staff for Extra Care Housing Scheme (Llandudno and Abergele) where shifts will be on a an ‘Ad-hoc’ basis – these may be daytimes / Evenings or Waking nights.
Working as Bank Staff may provide the opportunity to have regular hours as and when a regular position becomes available.
- Extra Care Housing Care Coordinator (Abergele) (increased rate of pay – £7.75 – £8.50)
- A 30 hour per week permanent contract for an experienced older peoples service in a brand new extra care housing facility. You will be required to coordinate and implement the services bespoke to the individuals’ task based care plan promoting independence in an enabling approach and also to manage a staff team of between 10 – 12 people.
- You’ll need the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- You’ll be able to work on a regular but flexible basis
- You’ll be a driver with your own vehicle
- You will need to be reliable and have a friendly and have a caring disposition
- Experience in social care preferential but not essential as full training will be provided and the opportunity to complete NVQ Social Care qualifications
- Welsh Speaking desirable but not essential
Interested? Click ‘Apply’ or contact Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks Recruitment.
0121 362 2318
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the largest care providers in North Wales, with flexible working conditions and training opportunities.