- £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Job Type:
- South East London
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager to work for our client, a rapidly expanding company who specialise in children’s services, dedicated to improving the lives of young people who suffer with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Overseeing a children’s semi-independent unit, as well as outreach community care, you will be responsible for the safeguarding of youngsters within the service whilst adhering to current policies and procedures.
You will evaluate and update strategies and drive to grow and maintain an excellent service. You will also need to develop and maintain relationships with the local authorities.
• Supervision and development of eight + staff, team
• Managing 2-4 Residential semi independent Units 5-6 persons with full occupancy potential up to 20+ Young persons mixed gender
• Formulation of care packages for looked after young people.
• Writing of residential core assessments, pathway plans and other competent reports to professionals as necessary.
• Direct work with young people and their families as part of the family support work to assess risks, strengths and viability of living in the community.
• Attend court as required when required
• Ensure Unit reach an outstanding/good inspection from Ofsted or other Authorites
• Day to day running of the project, policies and procedure, finance and all administration involved in a small Leaving care unit. In line with the 1989 children Act and the Care Standards Act 2000.
• Managing and working with set budgets
• Liaison with a number of complex agencies on behalf of young people, including Border control, Immigration, youth justice, mental health services, housing, education and police amongst others.
• Working with and offering impartial advice to young pregnant women, and their babies including on-going outreach work. Make decisions and recommendations in support of residential care packages.
• Organized, chaired and attended team meetings.
• Maintain up-to-date both manual and electronic records and databases.
• Significantly improved the quality of numerous young people’s lives by quality care packages, full assessments and planned move on packages.
This will be a challenging yet rewarding role where you will need to work under pressure and develop great relationships.
Candidates will need to have the below:
- Experience of Social Services and Local Authorities.
- MUST have a Social Work degree or management qualification within Social Care
- Must have sound knowledge and understanding of Ofsted and current legislations.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Interested? Then send us your CV and we will consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us