- £7.35 - £9.98 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Care Worker/Support Workers Required
Selby & Surrounding areas
Full and Part time positions available
My client, a leading provider in home care services, are looking for Carers/Support Workers to join their growing team in the Selby & surrounding area. My client will consider applications from individuals willing to commute up to one hour. Rewarding pay package and mileage rates offered.
As a Care Worker/Support Worker you will be joining a reputable home care company who provide high quality care services to vulnerable people in their own home. Duties will include;
– To assist the client with daily living activities, such as washing, dressing, feeding
– Maintaining the dignity of the client at all times
– Respecting carer/client boundaries
– General domestic and household duties as required
– Maintaining a safe environment at all times and reporting any concerns
– Practising safe infection control procedures when appropriate
– Responding to the needs of the client in any other appropriate activities
As a Care worker/Support Worker you will be of a caring nature with a real passion for ensuring quality care is delivered to your service users. You will also ideally hold an NVQ 2 qualification on Helath & Social Care and be willing to undertake any additional training to enhance your skills in the workplace. Ideally you will have some understanding of Domicliary Care and be able to work on your own initiative. Full inhouse training and support provided.
– Due to the nature of the role, you will require your own transport and a full UK driving license, that is insured for business use
– You are required to work on a shift basis on the days you are available to work. So minimum waiting around between calls
– Shift patterns for staff are generally 07:00-14:00 and 16:00-22:15, seven days a week. We are flexible and try to fit with personal circumstances. Happy to chat it over to see what works.
– You are required to work one weekend in two. On your working weekend, you are required to work a minimum of one shift on the Saturday and one shift on the Sunday
– No qualification – £7.35ph – £9.53ph for weekdays, weekends are paid at £7.60ph – £10.35ph.
– NVQ 2 Qualified Carers – £7.30 – £9.98ph for weekdays, weekends are paid at £7.15ph – £10.73ph
– NVQ 3 Qualified Carers – £7.40 – 10.13ph, weekends are paid at £7.85ph – £10.88ph
A competitive mileage rate of 42p will be paid for all travel after the first 6 miles from home to your first care call, after the first 6 miles from your last care call to home, and for all travel between care calls.
Commencement of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Really friendly place to work and great support for carers.
Interested? Then apply on line today.