My client, a well-established, leading provider in care and support services for young people are looking for Care and Support Workers to join them at their specialist EBD Children’s Services in Gloucester and surrounding area. Full training is provided and the company will also fund the QCF Level 2 in Children and Young People for those who have the right attitude and aptitude towards creating a safe, supportive and therapeutic environment to children with emotional behavioural difficulties. This position is a highly rewarding job role and comes with ongoing training, career prospects and a competitive rate of pay.
As a Care Worker you will be joining a reputable company that provide therapeutic residential care for children who have been exposed to traumatic events in early childhood and as a result, require on going personalised support and care. The company invest in their staff, are supportive and work as a close, friendly team. The position will require an enhanced DBS check and ongoing training and support is provided by the company. Duties of the role will include;
- Assisting children and young people with daily activities, encouraging them to take part in group activities and outings
- Assisting with medication where required
- General domestic duties, ensuring the children and young people in your care are happy, content and feel able to approach you with questions, concerns and ideas
- Maintaining a safe environment at all times and reporting any concerns
- Responding to the needs of the children and young people in any other appropriate activities
- Dealing with situations accordingly whilst always aiming to maintain a harmonious living environment
The role of a Care Worker is very rewarding and it takes a certain type of person. My client are looking for people who are calm, non-judgmental and can handle sensitive, sometimes challenging, situations effectively. You will be flexible with working hours as the position will require sleep-ins and weekend work on a rota basis.
Full training will be provided for people who wish to start and progress their career in care of children and young people.
Interested? Please send a CV and apply on line today!
Commencement of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us