- £6.50 - £6.50 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Casual Support Workers
Workers Working with People with Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
Salary: £6.50 per hour + Holiday Pay (rising to £6.63 from 1st June 2015)
Flexible hours, may include working daytimes, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Location: Leicester City & Melton Mowbray
We are looking for caring, innovative, flexible individuals with a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills to work within the community changing the lives of people with mental health issues and learning disabilities.
In this role you will offer support to people in their own homes or out in the community, which could include motivating people to eat healthily, exercise or offering a listening ear to people needing emotional support.
This is a highly rewarding role where you will work alongside an ever changing customer group, helping and developing every customer you come into contact with, to enable them to achieve their personal goals.
We support people at home, at work or in the community – including disabled people, people with a mental health condition and people with a learning disability – to live the life they choose, however varied or complex that life may be. We believe we should see the world as our customers do. Join us now – and help make our passion for people come to life.
– Working for an established charitable organisation that strives to enable people to live the lives they choose (for over 40 years, we’ve been benefitting customers – not investors or shareholders)
– We can offer you flexible hours to fit around you whilst meeting the needs of our customers.
– Paid mileage and travel time between appointments
– Paid holiday
– Full training given and an opportunity to work towards care qualifications
– Free DBS check
– Experienced Team Leader to support you Opportunities for career progression within the organisation Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
– Flexible to work on a rolling rota and within a team
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to complete good quality support records
– Proven support worker experience required
Whilst this position would be ideal for candidates from a care or support background, we welcome applications from anyone who is passionate about improving the lives of others and who displays the right values and behaviours. Regardless of the number of hours you can spare we would like to hear from you.