- £6.70 - £7 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We are recruiting Support Workers in your area to promote a supportive and caring environment. As part of a team, you will provide practical assistance and emotional support to service users, enabling them to achieve their desired level of self-sufficiency and integration into the community.
– You will support customers and enable them to carry out day to day personal tasks, which may include the taking of medication, personal hygiene (such as bathing and showering) and diet
– Assist with meal preparation and laundry if required by customers’ support plans
– Communicate with customers on a day to day basis ensuring that all necessary services including medical and social services are provided as directed by the manager and in line with customers wishes
– Assist customers in line with the agreed support plan to take part in external activities including access to leisure, education and employment opportunities
Our client supports people at home, at work or in the community – including disabled people, people with a mental health condition and people with a learning disability – to live the life they choose, however varied or complex that life may be. We believe we should see the world as our customers do.
– Working for an established charitable organisation that strives to enable people to live the lives they choose (for over 40 years, we’ve been benefitting customers – not investors or shareholders)
– We can offer you flexible hours to fit around you whilst meeting the needs of our customers.
– Paid mileage and travel time between appointments
– Paid holiday
– Full training given and an opportunity to work towards care qualifications
– Free DBS check
– Experienced Team Leader’s to support you
– Opportunities for career progression within the organisation
– Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
– Flexible to work on a rolling rota and within a team
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to complete good quality support records
– Proven support worker experience desirable
Whilst this position would be ideal for candidates from a care or support background, we welcome applications from anyone who is passionate about improving the lives of others and who displays the right values and behaviours. Regardless of the number of hours you can spare we would like to hear from you.