- TBC - TBC per annum
- Job Type:
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Category Insight Manager
Attractive & Competitive salary & benefits package
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Category Insight Manager in the Category Management team. The role of Category Insight Manager is an exciting and fast paced role, providing relevant and timely category insight, to inform and drive key business decisions.
Category Insight uses EPoS data, along with the development and implementation of a new retail testing programme, to address both key business and specific retailer challenges, improving our expertise of the greeting card category, challenging current hypothesis and assumptions.
Under the general direction of a Senior Category Manager, you will work independently to provide project coordination on a variety of projects for our major retailers.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Management of the competitive review process within Category Management
- Working with both the Category Management and Insight teams to define and scope projects which address key business or specific retailer challenges or questions
- Selecting and developing appropriate methodologies and approach, including:
- Exploring and manipulating EPoS data to challenge or confirm pre-defined hypotheses
- Design and analysis of testing at retail of product, visual merchandising methods & operational strategies
- Meet with key stakeholders to communicate progress, problems and tasks required to achieve objectives, and plan activities to meet established priorities and projected completion dates
- Demonstrate analytical thought leadership to drive project work, perform detailed analysis and testing to determine if the procedures have been implemented properly
- Analysis and interpretation of data, forming clear conclusions and suggestions
- Presentations of Category Insight projects to external customers and internal colleagues
- Project management of several Category Insight projects of varying sizes concurrently
- This is an exciting and challenging opportunity, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual who enjoys questioning and challenging.
You must be highly numerate and analytical with advanced Excel skills and experience of data analysis/interrogation. You must be an excellent communicator and comfortable in communicating/presenting to different levels of management. You must possess the ability to organise and prioritise in order to meet deadlines.
Experience of working in the greeting card industry would be desirable, but not essential.