- £16000 - £18000 per annum
- Job Type:
- North London
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I’m currently looking for an experienced retail manager / shop manager to work as a cover manager across a number of charity shops in North London. You’ll be utilised to provide cover in the charities shops across London so must be happy to travel. This is a short-term contract of 6 – 12 months. You’ll be responsible for the daily running the shop and managing staff and a number of volunteer shop workers. It’s essential that you have experience in retail management.
As the Shop Manager / Retail store Manager you will;
- Effectively manage the day to day running of the shop, staff and volunteers, with the aim of achieving optimum profit, by maximising sales and controlling direct shop expenses.
- You’ll manage the assistant shop manager and a team of shop volunteers.
- Supervise and encourage team members and volunteers to maximise their potential through continuous learning whilst challenging and dealing with under performance.
- Recruit, manage and develop staff and volunteers within the Charity’s HR and operational policies and procedures
- Utilise volunteers appropriately within the shop
- Ensure the shop sales performance is maximised, actively seeking ways to improve the shop’s performance on a continuous basis.
- Ensure optimum use of stock sourced through donations, van collections, textile bank, recycling and other stock generation methods.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, internally and externally, always promoting good practice within the shop and providing guidance, feedback and coaching to the shop team as required.
- We’re looking for people with experience of managing a retail shop before. It would be great if this was a charity shop.
- You’ll be numerate with the ability to calculate figures
- You’ll have experience of carrying out administrative tasks.
- You’ll be able to be accountable for cash handling and banking.
- You’ll need experience of managing a team.
Interested? Please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks and you application will be considered. Please note we can only consider applications from people with supervisory experience in retail.
My client are committed to equal opportunities and particularly welcome applications from disabled people.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us