Children’s Home Manager
Salary £30,000 – £35,000 per annum based on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Registered Children’s Home Manager to join a Residential Care Home for Children.
We require a caring, energetic and knowledge person to join our effective and professional team to provide a high level of care and support to the young people in the home. A Children’s Home Manager who has the drive and passion with a “can do” attitude who leads by example.
Your focus will be to manage the residential home on a day to day basis ensuring it is compliant in meeting all relevant legislative and standards requirements, including the health and educational needs of young people. Experience necessary to show ability to develop the home to an outstanding service for the young people, maintaining good occupancy throughout the year.
- Must take overall responsibility for the care of the unit as a Registered Children’s Home Manager in charge and to promote high standards of care in line with our regulatory bodies.
- To ensure that the young people have the appropriate plans, programmes and support in the home to ensure positive outcomes for the young people.
- Coach, support and develop staff, including supervision, to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures , legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
- Adhere to Children Home Regulations, National Minimum Standard and Children’s Act 1989/2004 and Ofsted requirements.
- Assist in Budget preparation and manage and control budgets to meet financial parameters.
- Identify resourcing needs and the on-going selection, training and development of staff to ensure service delivery is optimised and relevant standards are met.
- Working hours will be 37 ½ hours per week, these will be predominantly be Mon- Fri and occasional weekends, however candidates may need to be flexible.
- Experience of the OFSTED framework and minimum of “good” OFSTED rating
- Show excellent management skills.
Managers are required by the regulations to have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience to carry out the regulated activity.
- A recognised social work qualification/Minimum level 3 qualification in children and young people
- At least 1 year proven experience of managing a Residential Children’s Care Home
- Must have excellent OFSTED knowledge and experience
A valid driving license would be advantageous but not essential
If you are interested in this vacancy then “apply now” to be considered for our shortlist, if you would like more information on this role or other similar roles then please call Katie O’Neill on 0121 362 2313
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us