- £40000 - £450000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Children’s Home Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 Per Annum based on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Registered Manager to join a Residential care home for children from 9 -18 years, with challenging behaviours/learning disability.
We require a caring, energetic and knowledgeable person to join our effective and professional team to provide a high level of care and support to the young people in the home. A manager who has the drive and passion and one with “can-do “attitude who leads by example
Your focus will be to manage the residential home on a day to day basis ensuring it is compliant in meeting all relevant legislative and standards requirements, including the health and educational needs of young people. Experience necessary to show ability to develop the home further to an outstanding service for the young people, maintaining good occupancy throughout the year.
• Must take overall responsibility for the care of the unit as a Registered Manager in charge and promote high standards of care in line with our regulatory bodies.
• To ensure that the young people have appropriate plans, programmes and support in the home to ensure positive outcomes for the young people.
• Coach, support and develop staff, including supervision, to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
• Adhere to Children Home Regulations, National Minimum Standard and Children’s Act 1989/2004 and Ofsted requirements
• Assist in budget preparation and manage and control budgets to meet financial parameters.
• Identify resourcing needs and the on-going selection, training and development of staff to ensure service delivery is optimised and relevant standards are met.
• Working hours will be 40 hours per week, these will predominantly be Mon – Fri and some weekends 09.00 – 17.00hrs, however candidates may need to be flexible.
• Experience of the OFSTED framework and minimum of “good” OFSTED rating.
• Show excellent management skills.
Standard 14.2 of the Children’s Homes National Minimum Standards states that the registered must have:
- A recognised social work qualification or a professional qualification relevant to working with children at least at level 4.
- A qualification in management at least at level 4. (Any persons undertaking a qualification after January 2011 will need the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services.)
- At least three years’ experience relevant to residential care within the last five years
- At least two years or more preferred, experience supervising and managing professional staff.
- A valid, clean, driving license will be essential.
This position would also be suitable for a Home Manager, Care Home Manager, Registered Manager, Deputy Manager, Social Worker
A competitive salary of between £40-45,000 (depending on experience) is on offer to the successful applicant.
Interested? Then send us your CV and we will consider you for the first round of interviews
To apply for this or similar opportunities, please click the apply button, alternatively please contact Kelly on 0121 362 2315.