A successful and well-established manufacturing firm is currently looking to recruit a CNC Surface Grinder for their Borough Green workshop in Kent. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking and highly specialised business, working to ISO9001 quality controls in a well organised and friendly working environment.
A starting wage of circa £13.00 will be offered to the successful candidate with a positive review following a 6 months probation period.
Reporting to the Production Management, you would be tasked with performing precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing and grinding of metal objects, playing a key role as part of a fast-paced workshop. You would be expected to…
• Study blueprints of metal workpieces to determine grinding procedures.
• Plan machine setups and operational sequences.
• Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges.
• Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary.
• Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks.
o Experience operating conventional grinding machines.
o Ability to understand and translate blueprints and drawings.
o Good understanding of mechanical engineering and machining principles
o Self-motivated, flexible with working patterns, able to manage time in accordance with meeting customer deadlines/deliveries.
You would be joining a leading specialist in the design and manufacture of tools and tooling for solder-less crimped connectors and wire processing products for wire harness companies worldwide.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.