Job Title: Commercial Analyst / Data Analyst
Salary: £20k – £24k (dependant on experience)
A hugely successful business is currently offering an excellent opportunity to be a part of its commercial team.
This role would suit an experienced commercial/data analyst to help with the coordination of sales activities, production of quotes, provision of data and subsequent creation and presentation of metrics for internal and external consumption.
You will act as the central contact in the commercial team for day-to-day issues and phone queries, whilst also required to Interrogate Management Information Systems (MIS) to provide relevant reports as required for the customers and internal stakeholders.
- Interpret and analyse raw data, identify underlying trends and movements, develop possible scenarios, make judgements and recommendations to Commercial Management
- Resolve elevated queries
- Provide and issue quotations in-line with appropriate contracts
- Optimize new business opportunities using appropriate research techniques; cold calling and developing a wide contact base across all markets
- Develop and maintain Sales and Marketing databases
- Make quick decisions and anticipate needs; have the ability to react to operational situations in a timely manner
Essential skills include:
- Good level of commercial acumen with previous experience in an operational/commercial role
- Sound understanding of all aspects of support functions and developed Information Systems
- Ability to analyse and interpret relatively complex statistics and data in a logical manner
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to Senior Management via reports and presentations
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to use MIS and associated Data Warehouses
- Computer literate and good working knowledge of MS Office
Advantageous but not essential skills (training will be provided):
- Up-to-date industry/product knowledge
- Working knowledge of all HPUK group policies, codes of practice and operating procedures
- Detailed understanding of the resource requirement in order to achieve optimisation of resources
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant analytical discipline
- Suitable operational/commercial experience and industry knowledge
- This role will require high-levels of concentration
- Workloads will vary each day
- Will require routine concentration for long periods of time in order to correctly analyse information
- Most of the time will be spent working at desk on computer and attending meetings; however you may be required to visit operational areas, travel both domestically and abroad
You must hold a full driving licence as occasional travel is required to provide technical support during off site research.
Highly accessible and easily commutable from areas including; Felixstowe, Ipswich, Colchester, Woodbridge and surrounding areas
You will already be working as: Someone with an ‘Analytical’ background. Data Analyst, Support Analyst