An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to join a leading provider of support for carers across the East Midlands. The role offers a competitive salary and on-going training and support for personal and career progression.
The charity works with carers and the people they care for, supporting people of all ages and disabilities, providing carers with essential breaks from the stresses of caring.
The service provides short-term, community-based support to patients/carers living in Nottinghamshire. The Service prevents unnecessary admissions and facilitates early discharge from hospital, with a clear focus on positive patient experience and maximising the availability of hospital beds. Over the last 3 years of operation, the service has prevented 1000+ patients being admitted to hospital/residential care and responded to 100% of interventions within the one-hour response time.
We are looking for committed individuals to join this team to provide short term care for vulnerable/older people in their own home who are either at risk of emergency admission to, or who have recently been discharged from hospital.
- The successful Support Worker must have the following:
- Level 2 standard Diploma or NVQ and/or equivalent nursing qualification
- Previous experience in a health and social care setting
- Sound understanding of good care principles
- Ability to display empathy and warmth
- Excellent communication skills
- Access to own transport is essential for this role
- Due to the nature of this position, you will be required to work on a rota basis; 3 days on, 3 days off: 07:00 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 22:00.
A charitable organisation that provides care and support services to people of all ages with a range of disabilities and needs
Interested? Click on Apply and your application will be considered, or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 2314
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us