Community Engagement Support Officer
Stoke on Trent
Salary: £14,000 – £15,500
We have an exciting opportunity for a support officer to join an organisation that provides day services for people of all ages.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer you will provide hands on support in the delivery and promotion of the service. The role will include responsibility for local fund raising plans and activities, looking for new support opportunities within the community, promotion of the organisation through marketing, social media and presentations and the development of a volunteering programme.
There are many duties involved in the role of a Support Officer including:
• To seek out and identify new opportunities for the organisation in relation to fund raising, income generation, grant funding, volunteering and service development
• Develop and utilise existing facilities to create on-going income streams.
• To recruit, develop and manage volunteer fundraisers, workers and supporters from all sectors of the community, including Friends of and Community Groups.
• To develop and maintain strong relationships with supporters, donors, volunteers, team members and similar organisations and groups.
• To maximise income for the organisation through engaging the community, ensuring that local fundraising events, activities and collections etc. are well planned, marketed and supported
You will ideally have a background in fundraising or marketing and you will have a good understanding of social media. You will be confident in giving talks and presentations and be able to build internal and external relationships. You will be confident and able to work using your own initiative and ideally you will have knowledge of the health and social care sector. The role will require some evening and weekend work for which you will be given time off in lieu.
A registered charity and not-for-profit provider of innovative, high quality day opportunities and support services. They are committed to providing flexible, responsive and reliable services for adults with physical or learning disabilities, dementia or mental health.
Interested? Click Apply and your application will be considered or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 2314
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us