- £19000 - £20000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Community Support Worker
Salary: £19,000 – £20,000 + phone + training+ pension+ 28 days holiday
Are you an experienced support worker looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience of supporting service users within their own homes? Do you have your own car? If so, I want to hear from you.
I am working with a national charity who are looking for committed community support workers to join the rapid response and hospital admission avoidance service based within the emergency department of a NHS hospital. The facility provides a practical and emotional responsive service to patients who are returning home after hospital discharge to assist them in settling back into their own environment and preventing any further unnecessary hospital admissions. Full training and induction will be given. The hours are on a shift pattern of 3 days on, 3 days off and hours of 8.00am – 9.00pm
Home-based working may be required and the team will also be required to be situated within the Hospital Emergency departments and work along side the front door emergency team to provide a ‘hands on’ service to patients. This may include:
• Supporting patients safely back into the comfort of their own home after hospital discharge to support them in building their confidence levels and independence
• Developing a short-term support plan including a risk assessment
• Supporting with the achievement of daily living tasks such as personal care and assisting in the preparation of meals
• Support with the prompting of medication
• Monitoring and prompting fluid intake to ensure hydration and nutrition levels are maintained
• Management of continence, for example, weighing of continence pads and ‘dipping’ urine
• Supporting with the essentials, such as shopping and obtaining urgent prescriptions
The successful candidate will be an experienced support worker, ideally with experience gained within the community. You will have experience of working with older and vulnerable adults and be able to work unsupervised. You must at the very least have previous experience in a health and social care setting and have an understanding of good care principles. Ideally you will hold NVQ level 2 or equivalent. Due to the nature of the role you must be a driver with your own transport.
A national charitable organisation that support people of all ages and disabilities.
This position will be suitable for: Support worker, carer, community care, health care assistant, nursing assistant, domiciliary carer, community care
For more information on this role please click apply or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 2314
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us