- £600 - £650 per day
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Position: Contract Group IT Security Manager – UK and Spain
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Day Rate: £600 to £650 per day
Duration: Three to six months
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced interim IT Security Manager to join an International FTSE 250 company based in Birmingham close to New Street and Moor Street Stations.
This new role will take full accountability for IT Security for the UK, Spain and Morocco with the remit to develop the information security policy, standards and guidelines appropriate to each country’s business technology and legal requirements.
We are looking for a Senior IT Security professional that has ideally worked internationally and is looking for a highly challenging and rewarding role.
You will be responsible for the management and provision of expert advice for all systems and information security including the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of information security controls and management strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems for both UK and Spanish businesses.
You will provide leadership and guidelines on Information Assurance security expertise for the business, working effectively with strategic organisational functions to provide authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls.
You will prepare and maintain a business strategy and plan for information security work which addresses the evolving business risk and information control requirements, and is consistent with relevant IT and business plans, budgets, strategies, etc.
You will be expected to develop an information security policy, standards and guidelines appropriate to UK business units, technology and legal requirements and in accordance with best professional and industry practice.
You will work closely with and manage a number of external 3rd party providers of managed and un-managed security solutions for the UK, Spain and Morocco including project and task definition, prioritisation, quality management, budgetary control, and management tasks such as recruitment and training when required.
Key Experience Required
- We are looking for a pragmatic, experienced IT Security Manager with at least three years with an enterprise organisation in a similar role encompassing international responsibility.
- You will have proven experience in Information Security with evidence of developing and managing successful Information Security Programmes
- You will be proficient in industry standards and methodologies associated with information security, including ISSO27001/2, COBIT and PCI-DSS
- We would expect you to have a recognised Information Security certification e.g. CISSP, CISM, ISEB Certificate in Information Security Management to support your experience
- The role will mainly be based in their Birmingham office however there will be occasional trips to London and Spain as part of the role.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us