We’re looking for an immediately available Contract Infrastructure Engineer.
We want to find someone with demonstrable experience of Wintel infrastructure.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what we’re looking for.
This role has been assessed and falls within IR35.
In the Infrastructure Engineer role you’ll be primarily responsible for providing support to the Infrastructure Manager as directed by the way of undertaking integration projects or day to day operational activities.
You’ll report to the Infrastructure Manager and you’ll spend at least half of the the working week in their Stafford office. For the rest of the week you will be working from home.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Provide recommendations to optimise the infrastructure and opportunities to improve
– Maintain accurate and relevant documentation regarding the infrastructure in the chosen department tool
– Assist with the orchestration of backup and DR systems & processes
– Share responsibility for the company operated data centres; fire suppression, cooling, and power management
– Support switching and firewall infrastructure in a proactive manner
– Contribute to ensuring licensing is held in good stead
– Troubleshoot complex issues with a root-cause analysis mindset
– Perform health checks on infrastructure and services
– Ensure assets are concisely recorded in relevant SAM/HAM tools
– Contribute to an on-call rota
The ideal candidate for this Infrastructure Engineer role will have relevant experience of Wintel Infrastructure.
You’ll also need experience of:
– M365 group of applications & Azure AD
– Hyper-V or VMware
– Networking: routing protocols, VLANs, subnetting, trunking
– Active directory and associated roles attributed to it (e.g. DNS/DHCP/Bitlocker)
– Corporate grade firewalls administration and hardening
– Traditional server hardware architecture
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Contract Infrastructure Engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.