- £450 - £500 per day
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: Contract IT Solutions Architect
Location: Central Manchester
Duration: 6 Months
Day Rate: Circa £450 to £500 depending on experience
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced IT Solutions Architect to take a lead role within a specialist international insurance business based in Central Manchester.
You will ensure that the target application, data and technical architecture that includes appropriate solutions that addresses the business needs. You will validate the design for the different architectural domains and will work with colleagues to construct a road map, using their understanding of the existing architecture and how it supports the business models and processes.
You will help implement the road map by working with global and local project teams to create the architectural design based on firm understanding of requirements.
The company is key part of a global organisation where IT is critical to their continued success and growth.
You will represent the UK on a global transformation programme and will contribute to both local and global transformation projects.
Key functions of the role will include:
- Analyses and documents the as-is application architecture to show how systems support the businesses processes.
- Analyses and documents the as-is data architecture
- Model at a conceptual and logical level including how it relates to processes, flow and applications.
- Model at a physical level including how elements relate to systems and integrations.
- Understands the as-is end to end high level process flow and the actors involved, then documents how this relates to the as-is systems.
- Understands the business models, strategy and the challenges faced by the company
- Works with the development and infrastructure team to understand and document the technical architecture.
- Identifies the architectural challenges faced by the company then recommends and completes work packages that address these challenges.
- Represents the company in the Global Transformation project by working closely with global architecture colleagues to define target architecture strategy and plan.
- Provides recommendations and guidance to the transformation architecture team to ensure that needs are met by the IT architecture elements of the target operating model. In so doing, take account of user experiences, business efficiencies and opportunities.
- Provides recommendations and guidance to individual transformation projects to ensure that needs are met by target solutions architecture. In doing so take account of business requirements and the target operating model.
- Works with business analysts to understand business requirements, then designs solutions that meet these requirements.
- Works with the business assurance team to ensure that processes and standards are supported by target architecture.
- Identifies and documents realistic roadmaps to transition from as-is to target architecture.
- Uses knowledge of existing process, application and technical architecture to identify potential issues
Key Experience Required
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect with at least 10 years of information systems or project experience including business transformation that hit most if not all of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, business or finance, or equivalent work experience
- Experience of developing solution architecture
- Some experience of contributing to the design of target enterprise architecture
- Experience of some of the following: customer portals, ERP, mobile workforce and Data Warehousing solutions
- Experience of MS Dynamics CRM, MS SharePoint, SAP or Guidewire would be an advantage
- Very good understanding or preferably experience of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Understanding of or preferably certification for architecture frameworks, tools and techniques
- Proven ability to articulate and translate ideas and concepts into solid solution design
- Proven ability to establish the architectural big picture and form a vision of the future state
- Strong verbal communication skills and diplomacy, including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Insurance industry experience would be an advantage
We are looking for someone to be able to start as soon as possible
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us