- £8.00 - £9.50 per hour
- Job Type:
- Hospitality and Catering
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I’m currently looking to recruit a full time cook/chef to work as part of a team in a nursing/care home in Warminster. You will be responsible for the preparation of nutritious meals for homes elderly residents. You’ll need experience in a similar role and basic food hygiene certificate is essential.
• To provide adequate, attractive, nutritious meals for the residents according to the menu requirements
• To maintain the kitchen as a clean, tidy and safe working environment at all times
• To prepare and cook meals for residents
• To prepare and cook any special diets as required
• To prepare all or part of the 3 course evening meal as required
• To assist serving meals
• To make any necessary preparations for the next day’s meals
• To bake cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea, birthdays and other special occasions
• To maintain and monitor all stock levels
• To order fresh produce on a daily basis
• To assist Manager in ordering of all food items
• To ensure all stock is rotated, labelled and stored appropriately and safely
• You’ll need a basic food hygiene certificate and prior experience of working as a cook/chef
• You’ll need an understanding of the nutritional needs of older people and will ideally have prior experience of food preparation for this client group.
• You’ll have excellent communications skills and be able to work as part of a team, with some periods of unsupervised working.
Interested? Apply online today, or call Stacey Yates at Coburg Banks on 0121 362 2329 for more information.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us