- £7.50 - £8 per hour
- Job Type:
- Hospitality and Catering
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I’m currently looking to recruit a full time cook/chef to work as part of a team in a nursing/care home. The chef will be responsible for the provision of nutritious meals for elderly residents of the care and nursing home. You’ll need experience in a similar role and basic food hygiene certificate.
- To provide adequate, attractive, nutritious meals for the residents according to the menu requirements
- To maintain the kitchen as a clean, tidy and safe working environment at all times
- To prepare and cook meals for residents.
- To prepare and cook any special diets as required.
- To prepare all or part of the 3 course evening meal as required.
- To assist serving meals
- To make any necessary preparations for the next days meals.
- To bake cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea, birthdays and other special occasions
- To maintain and monitor all stock levels
- To order fresh produce on a daily basis
- To assist Manager in ordering of all food items
- To ensure all stock is rotated, labelled and stored appropriately and safely
- You’ll need a basic food hygiene certificate and prior experience of working as a cook / chef
- You’ll need an understanding of the nutritional needs of older people and will ideally have prior experience of food preparation for this client group.
- You’ll have excellent communications skills and be able to work as part of a team, with some periods of unsupervised working.
Interested? To be considered for the chef / cook role please click apply to send your CV to Laura at Coburg Banks recruitment
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us