- £70000 - £75000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Position: Data Architect
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £70,000 to £75,000
Benefits: 10% Bonus, Pension
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Architect from a strong BI background to join an International FTSE 250 company based in Birmingham close to New Street and Moor Street Stations.
Reporting to the CTO and Group BI Manager you will act as a bridge between the business and IT by aligning the Data Management and the corporate strategies guiding the business and the IT team towards commonly agreed Data Management principles.
We are looking for a Data Architect ideally from a retail background with a breadth of knowledge and skills spanning both business and IT domains and someone who also has a depth of experience in data and business intelligence.
Reporting into the Chief Technology Officer working as a Data Architect, you will work mainly on site at the Birmingham office focused on the overall data architecture and delivery of a critical complex projects.
You will be looking for a role where you will take strategic as well as architectural responsibility for driving data architecture forward within the business.
You will work closely with the business and IT teams with responsibility for the overall data architecture of the business, data governance and ownership of the delivery of the all data aspects relating to projects.
You will lead engagements with the business project team, taking responsibility for designing and delivering the data/business intelligence solutions using the chosen technologies.
The role requires the ability to engage in opening discussions with the business, delivering the solution, rapidly identify any issues and both outline and effectively communicate solutions appropriate to resolving issues.
Key Experience Required
- Extensive experience in delivering successful Data Management programmes, managing senior stakeholders and managing the associated organisational changes
- Strong technical background involving a deep understanding and hands-on experience of Data Models, Relational Databases, Data Mining and Data Warehouses
- Proven experience in evaluating Master Data Management solutions, benchmarking them and implementing MDM solutions
- Minimum 5 years’ operating in a Data Architect role with extensive data governance experience
- Minimum of 3 years BI development experience
- Strong understanding of SOA integration
- Stakeholder engagement – experience of managing multiple business areas and stakeholders (to senior management level) with the ability to capture and shape business requirements
- Displays high levels of initiative and a passion for BI
- SSAS – Ability to analyse data sets, create cubes, data models in SQL Server Analysis Services
- SSRS – Ability to report from datasets, cubes created
- Knowledge of various reporting tools
- Knowledge of multiple databases i.e. Oracle, SQL
- Strong understanding of Application development
- Strong understanding of Cloud eco system and how the market is evolving with the Cloud initiatives
This is a newly created position for this organisation that will have a deep impact on the company going forward and will be pivotal in their future growth.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us