Deputy Children’s Home Manager
Established Children’s Residential Services
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000
I have an opportunity available for experienced Deputy Children’s Home Manager to join my client at one of their homes in Leicester. They are an established care provider specifically caring for children within residential and therapeutic environments.
Working within a residential setting you will be responsible to the Registered Manager. You will monitor the day to day running of the home and ensure high quality levels of care are consistently provided to the children.
There will be many varying duties that you would be required to undertake including, but not limited too:
– Act as the delegated person in the absence of the Registered Manager
– Lead by example in order to achieve the best results within the home
– Mentor and develop a staff team with guidance from senior management
– Participate in the ‘on call’ rota system and be flexible towards working hours, dependant on the needs of the business
– Work closely with parents, carers, social workers, local authorities and other external care professionals
– Make sure all administration is kept accurate and up to date
– Implement care plans, risk assessments and action plans
– Complete spot checks and reviews on staff members, where required
An established and highly reputable children’s services provider focusing on providing the highest level of care in educational, therapeutic and residential settings across the east midlands.
– Qualified to at least an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, Caring for Young People (or equivalent)
– At least 2 years relevant experience within a residential children’s home
– Excellent communication skills
– Able to effectively manage an existing staff team
– Lead by example and provide ‘hands on’ care where required
A Full UK Driving License is essential for this role
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Thursday 26th February 2015.
Interested? Then send us your CV to apply. To apply for this or similar opportunities, please click the apply button, or for more information please contact Kate on 0121 362 2312
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us