- £24000 - £26000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Deputy Manager (Children’s Home)
Established Children’s Residential Services
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum
I have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Deputy Manager to join this established care provider specifically caring for children within residential and therapeutic environments.
Working within a residential setting you will be responsible to the Registered Manager. You will monitor the day to day running of the home and ensure high quality levels of care are consistently provided to the children.
There will be many varying duties that you would be required to undertake including:
- Act as the delegated person in the absence of the Registered Manager
- Make sure all staff comply with all safeguarding and Ofsted Requirements
- Lead by example in order to achieve the best results within the home
- Mentor and develop a staff team with guidance from senior management
- Participate in the ‘on call’ rota system and be flexible towards working hours, dependant on the needs of the business
- To undertake further training and qualifications as directed
- Work closely with parents, carers, social workers, local authorities and other external care professionals
- Ensure that specific needs are catered for and areas of concern are recognised in individual children
- Make sure all administration is kept accurate and up to date
- Implement care plans, risk assessments and action plans
- Complete spot checks and reviews on staff members, where required
An established and highly reputable children’s services provider focusing on providing the highest level of care in educational, therapeutic and residential settings.
Qualified to at least an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, Caring for Young People (or equivalent)
At least 2 years relevant experience within a residential children’s home
Excellent communication skills
Able to effectively manage an existing staff team
Lead by example and provide ‘hands on’ care where required
This position would be ideal for a Deputy Manager, Children’s Residential Worker, Lead Carer, Assistant Manager, Homes Manager, Childcare Worker, Registered Manager, Care Manager,
Interested? Then send us your CV to apply. To apply for this or similar opportunities, please click the apply button