We’re recruiting for a Deputy Manager for a well-regarded residential service that supports adults with Autism, challenging behaviour and learning disabilities. Working with the Registered Manager, the Deputy Manager will ensure that effective leaderships and support is provided to the large staff team in order to provide the very best care to the residents. On offer for the Deputy Manager is a good salary of £25,000 – £27,000 comprehensive training and development, pension scheme and the opportunity to work in an excellent specialised service, for people with high needs.
The Deputy Manager Position
As the Deputy Manager of a specialised service for adults with Autism, highly challenging behaviour and learning disabilities, you’ll ensure that staff strive to provide outstanding care, ensuring that the service meets CQC standards and health and Safety, Environmental and fire requirements.
Specifically, you’ll role will include;
- Engaging in work with service users, individually and in groups
- Contributing to the promotion of service users health and well-being, ensuring that each person is supported in maximising their quality of life, opportunities and achievements.
- Coordinate the assessment of service users, implementing person centred care plans and then monitor and evaluate on a regular basis
- Ensure that there is an appropriate TEACCH schedule in place for each service user and that staff are supporting accordingly
- Ensure that staff are using the service users preferred method of communication
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Contributing to the development of the staff team, through supervision, appraisal, training and mentoring,
- Responding to poor performance
- Ensure the rota is effectively run and that adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with families, friends and advocates. Liaising with healthcare professionals and local authority staff
- Ensure that all records are kept up to date
The Successful candidate
- We’re looking for somebody with significant experience in supporting individuals with Autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- You’ll have held a supervisor role before, ideally, you’ll have worked as a Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager before
- You’ll demonstrate good knowledge of legislation and guidance governing care homes
- You’ll be qualified to NVQ 3 in care and ideally level 4 / QCF 5.
Interested? To be considered for the Deputy Manager role, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.