- £21000 - £27000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Deputy Manager (Children’s Home)
Established Children’s Residential Services
Salary: £21,000 – £27,000 DOE
I am currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager for a new children’s home that is in the process of opening, they are part of an established and reputable Children’s Home Provider who have homes all over the UK.
Working within a residential setting you will be responsible to the Registered Manager. You will monitor the day to day running of the home and ensure high quality levels of care are consistently provided to the children.
There will be many varying duties that you would be required to undertake including:
– Act as the delegated person in the absence of the Registered Manager
– Lead by example in order to achieve the best results within the home
– Mentor and develop a staff team with guidance from senior management
– Participate in the ‘on call’ rota system and be flexible towards working hours, dependant on the needs of the business
– To undertake further training and qualifications as directed
– Work closely with parents, carers, social workers, local authorities and other external care professionals
– Ensure that specific needs are catered for and areas of concern are recognised in individual children
– Make sure all administration is kept accurate and up to date
– Implement care plans, risk assessments and action plans
– Complete spot checks and reviews on staff members, where required
An established and highly reputable children’s services provider focusing on providing the highest level of care in educational, therapeutic and residential settings.
– Qualified to at least an NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, Caring for Young People (or equivalent)
– At least 2 years relevant experience within a residential children’s home
– Excellent communication skills
– Able to effectively manage an existing staff team
– Lead by example and provide ‘hands on’ care where required
*A Full UK Driving License with access to a vehicle is required for this role
This position would be ideal for; Deputy Children’s Home Manager, Senior Residential Childcare Worker, Care Supervisor, Senior Childcare Practitioner, Childcare Leader, Children’s Home Manager, Registered Manager, Deputy Care Manager, Youth Worker, Project Worker, Senior Youth Worker, Senior Support Worker
Interested? Then send us your CV to apply. To apply for this or similar opportunities, please click the apply button, or for more information please contact Kate on 0121 362 2312