- £31000 - £31000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I’m currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager for a large children’s home in the Burton upon Trent area. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who has supervisory experience gained with a residential children’s service for young people with challenging behaviour. My client offer an excellent benefits package which includes a salary of circa £31,000, 35 days holidays (incl BH), pension, childcare vouchers and training and development opportunities.
- You’ll be working with a large children’s home, consisting of several residential houses for children with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. As the deputy manager you’ll be responsible for assisting the head of care in the running of the home, managing and leading the staff team to provide excellent levels of care and support to the young people in the home.
- You’ll work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people.
- To offer supervision and support to senior staff in line with national minimum standards
- Ensuring Care plans are of sufficient quantity and good quality and that young person’s needs are met
- To audit care plans, reviews and other documentation to ensure best practise on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are being upheld
- Work directly with children and young people, interacting with them to ensure their health care needs are being met.
The Successful Candidate
- Will need to have worked as a Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager previously in children’s home and have strong leadership skills.
- You’ll need NVQ level 3 in children and young people, and to be working towards or have achieved NVQ level 4 in management or equivalent.
- Is committed and passionate about working with children and young people with BESD including managing challenging behaviour
- Will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Has knowledge of the National Minimum standards
Interested? To apply for the Deputy Manager role click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us