- £20000 - £22000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Stoke on Trent
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join an award winning care provider based in Stoke on Trent in a peripatetic capacity.
The role is based in a number of residential homes for adults with Learning Disabilities, Challenging Needs, Complex Behaviour, and Dual Diagnosis and you will provide cover in the absence of the Deputy Managers.
The main purpose of the post is to assist the Registered Managers in the effective management of the homes by ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory and organisational standards.
You will operate with significant autonomy in the direct management and supervision of the staff teams and in the overall management of the homes and you will oversee the day to day management of the home in the absence of the managers.
There are many duties involved in the role of a Deputy Manager including:
- Together with the Registered Manager lead; monitor and co-ordinate the activities of the staff team in the delivery of high quality, person centred services to service users in accordance with their plans of care and the organisation’s Quality Assurance Framework.
- Ensure that the home and support workers operate in accordance with the appropriate regulatory; statutory and organisational standards and requirements and that the home always presents as being clean, safe and homely.
- Formulate monitor and review service user’s plans of care; participate and when required take a lead in ‘Person Centred Planning’ meetings and ensure that in order to achieve valued outcomes for individuals the staff team understand the needs; goals and aspirations of service users in line with their plan of care
- Ensure the staff team recognise and facilitate the day to day needs of service users and assist in the provision of their daily care needs
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with service users with learning disabilities and complex social behaviours.
You will have excellent knowledge of CQC standards and safeguarding practices and you will have the ability to lead and motivate staff and create a positive team based working environment through effective communication supervision and support.
As the role covers multiple sites you must be a car driver and be flexible on your work location. You must hold NVQ Level 5 or equivalent or be working towards and be willing to participate in training and development
A not for profit housing and care provider whose services include care homes, supported housing and domiciliary care. Their aim is to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us