We’re looking for an experienced Deputy Manager for a supported Living services for adults with leaning disabilities and mental health needs, to take up a position for a small Supported Living service. My client are a forward-thinking, high quality care provider with an excellent reputation for providing Outstanding Care. On offer is a competitive salaryor £25,000 – £27,000, excellent training and the chance to work for an Outstanding company who are genuine and passionate about providing care.
The Deputy Manager role;
You’ll be the Deputy Manager of a high quality person centred service that supports people with learning disabilities and mental health needs, living in supported living and outreach services. The company has a great reputation and your focus will be to oversee the day to day running of the service and staff within to ensure that all clients receive a person-centred support service that enables them to live as independently as possible.
Your duties will include;
- Ensure Support is centred on individual’s needs, goals and outcomes, that clients are supported with decision making and positive lifestyle choices
- Ensure that the service is complying with CQC standards at all times
- Management of the staff rota ensuring that staff resources are used to their potential
- You’ll lead the staff team, coaching them to fulfil their job roles effectively, ensuring that they are fully supported and have regular supervision and appraisals
- Assess quality of care work, paperwork and address performance or quality issues. Ensure that care and support plans are comprehensive and updated and reflect the changing needs of clients
- Regular Supervision and Appraisal of staff
- Carry out audits and spot checks on the service, carry out action plans.
- Setting up of new care packages
- Being part of the on-call rota
The Candidate – We’re looking for….
- Somebody who genuinely cares for clients and who is passionate and loyal to the job
- Somebody who has worked as a Deputy Manager / Service Manager / Assistant Manager / Supported Living Manager / / Outreach Manager / Deputy Manager or Assistant Manager previously
- You’ll have extensive experience of working with clients with Learning Disabilities or Mental health needs
- You’ll be qualified to NVQ level 4 or QCF level 5 in care management
- You will need to be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act, the Mental capacity act and CQC compliance standards
- You will have a can-do attitude and be flexible to meet the demands of the service.
- Essential requirement – you need to be a driver with your own vehicle
Interested? To be considered for the Deputy Manager role please click ‘Apply’ to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks.
Interviews will be telephone / video call based.
For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.