Design Engineer (Exterior Systems) – Manufacturing
£30,000 per annum + Extensive Benefits
Our client is an established building materials manufacturer and they are currently looking for a Design Engineer to work from their Sittingbourne office.
· As a Design Engineer you will support internal and external customers in relation to the company’s exterior wall systems.
· You will support and participate actively in the development of new external wall products and systems and find new markets.
· You will provide technical and engineering support in relation to current and new development of products and systems with focus on exterior wall systems.
· You will carry out drawing requests by use of drawing packages.
· To will respond to requests by phone, fax or email in order that enquires can be dealt with promptly and efficiently and problems brought to a satisfactory conclusion without delay.
· Ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing of building materials or exterior systems.
· Be able to read architectural and structural engineering drawings.
· Ability to carry out structural engineering queries using calculation and design with high level of attention to detail.
· Be able to conduct research and provide input into matters relating to facades system development and innovations being made in the industry via regulations/legislations changes.
· Ideal candidate will have some knowledge of plasterboard systems or instillation and plaster systems.
· Knowledge of exterior wall systems required in particular to light steel framing system.
Our client manufactures and supplies plasterboard, wallboards, lining boards, gypsum board, and dry lining systems for the UK construction industry.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as an experienced Design Engineer, CAD Technician, CAD Engineer, Draughtsperson, Detailer or Project Design Engineer.
It is likely candidates will be commutable from Sittingbourne, Faversham, Canterbury, Gillingham and Maidstone.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.