- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
- City of London
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
As part of a change process, off shore development is now being brought back in house to the UK and as a result a Developer, Programmer or Software Engineer with experience of Java or C# (ideally some knowledge of both) is required to join an established development team.
A new opening has arisen for an individual to join the Development team to help drive further business growth through value-adding software solutions. My client are increasingly pushing into advanced technologies utilising machine learning and AI concepts in order to develop new ways of looking at the business, data and trading strategies.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
- Design, implement and support cutting edge, innovative software solutions to enable Mandara to achieve its business objectives
- Produce robust, maintainable and well documented code while working towards the company’s aggressive deadlines
- Continue the development on existing proprietary software solutions, evaluate their effectiveness and become an expert in maintaining the existing codebase
- Work closely with the Technology team and end users from all areas of the business to understand new requirements
- Assist the Support team in uncovering and implementing bug fixes
Depending on skills, other responsibilities may include:
- Apply Machine Learning techniques to allow existing software to cope with and adapt to a continuously changing environment
- Actively work with traders to assist with the scoping and implementation of trade ideas and use quantitative techniques to detect and explore systematic trading opportunities
Skills / Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Software Development capacity
- Strong programming experience in either Java or C#; working knowledge of the other
- Real-time messaging experience highly preferable as most Mandara components communicate over a message bus
- Knowledge of good coding practices such as design patterns
- Previous exposure to machine learning applications in a business environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field required; Post-grad degree in Machine Learning a plus
Aptitude / Attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, keen attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner, able to remain calm and organised in a high pressure environment
- Strong desire to succeed
Key Skills, Developer, programmer, software engineer, Java, C#,