- £55000 - £61000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced DevOps Manager to join the rail division of a FTSE 250 London based company on a major greenfield project utilising state of the art Azure PaaS to deliver a customer experience driven digital Omni-Channel ticketing and retail platform.
The company are committed to delivering an ambitious digital channel shift strategy over the next two years as part of their agreement with the Department for Transport utilising Agile/Kanban methodologies.
The Omni-Channel ticketing and retail platform is a first for a train operating company with a committed technology investment of over £6million.
You will be accountable for the management of the entire delivery pipeline from the Development & Test Teams consisting of a mixture of in-house staff, external contractors and partners.
You will be primarily accountable for improving deployment frequency and maximising the predictability, efficiency, security, and maintainability of operational processes in these teams through the introduction and further development of automated processes in accordance with the overall IT Strategy.
You will be responsible for driving, continuous and quality testing, feature development, and maintenance releases in order to improve reliability and security and provide faster development and deployment cycles.
We would look to you to achieve a Standardisation of Development environments and introduce robust release management processes and ensure that group defined ways of working and best practices are adhered to.
You will lead software performance management solutions, including instrumentation and scalability testing and using JIRA report and measure quality of delivery and continuously drive change to improve quality.
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Final Salary Pension
- 10% Bonus
- 25 Days annual leave
- Company benefits and discounts
Key Experience Required
- Experience of working with Azure PaaS
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of and confidence in dealing with Stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle with a focus on testing and quality
- Project Management experience – working with PM’s, product owners and the wider business as a part of a co-located team.
- Flexible resource planner with experience in managing constantly changing work streams, and deliverables, providing a framework to support development
- Good working knowledge of Agile projects, principles and toolsets
- Knowledge of IIS 7.5, Apache Tomcat, Windows and Linux OS’s
- Experience of optimising cloud based development platforms
The company is creating an exciting culture of business and technology hero’s, co-located together, working as one team to create and continually evolve in an agile iterative environment a first class suite of retailing services
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us