- TBC - TBC per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: Digital Forensic Analyst
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
A fast growing innovative technology company based in Warwickshire currently have a fantastic opportunity for both a PC and a Mobile Digital Forensic Analyst to work within their organisation. You will work alongside innovative and talented people in one of the largest and most advanced digital forensics laboratory in the UK.
To methodically recover, extract, analyse and present factual digital data and information from either computers or from mobile devices, tablet computers and satellite navigation system for use in investigations or as evidence in civil or criminal proceedings.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To assist with obtaining forensic copies of media and server data at customer sites
- Use various forensic methods and specialist computer programs to examine the forensic copies obtained from electronic media submitted to identify and present the data that has been requested by the client
- Use various forensic methods and specialist computer programs to:
- find, recover and copy data that may have been hidden, encrypted or damaged
- dismantle and rebuild hardware and/or software systems to enable forensic analysis
- follow electronic data trails to uncover links between individuals or groups
- Carefully and accurately document each stage of any digital analysis and investigation taken to acquire, process and deliver data and images
- Clearly and accurately present [written/verbal] findings to managers, law enforcement organisations and clients,
- Advise on the availability and reliability of digital evidence derived from forensic analysis
- Clearly and accurately present [written/verbal] digital evidence in court, and be able to explain actions and support conclusions under cross-examination
- Undertake all duties in accordance with the Company’s robust QA procedures
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Travel to client sites
- Previous experience working as a digital forensics practitioner in computer forensics
- A least 3 years’ previous experience using Encase and FTK [Forensic Tool Kit] for examinations
- Experience using digital forensic tools, preferably X-Ways Forensics, Net Analysis, IEF [Internet Evidence Finder]
- Familiarity with popular operating systems e.g. Windows, Macintosh, Linux or UNIX and DOS
- Productive and consistent is able to exert optimal effort in successfully completing tasks under pressure
- Previous experience working as a digital forensics practitioner in mobile device forensics
- At least 2 years’ previous experience using the leading industry standard tools (XRY, Cellebrite)
- Experience in using a range of advanced techniques to acquire data including IEF, flasher boxes, JTAG
- Proven ability in analyzing and interpreting low level data
- Sound knowledge of data structures and file systems
- Familiarity with leading mobile device operating systems
- Familiarity with up-to-date forensics computing practices including an understanding of current ACPO [Good Practice Guide for Digital Evidence] guidelines and Forensic Regulator’s requirements [ISO17025]
- Ability to work with precision, accuracy and high attention to detail
- Computer-literate performer with proven proficiency covering wide variety of applications i.e. Internet and MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
- Ability to interface and work effectively with all levels of the Company, vendors, clients, etc.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner
- Excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues
- Professional whose honesty and integrity provide for effective optimal business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise and perform in an environment of multiple changing priorities
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Resource aware i.e. where to go to find answers
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field in accordance with day-to-day duties
- Motivated self-starter with a “can do” attitude and entrepreneurial work ethic
- Conscientious and reliable
- Demonstrated solid and flexible work ethic
- Track record Ability to write code to manage data with up-to-date experience in using scripting languages preferably Python/SQL
- Degree level qualification – 2.2. or above – such as a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Computer Science or Digital Forensics
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of digital forensics or Cyber-crime (PC only)
Other role requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ UK residency
- Full driving license
- Satisfactorily pass pre-hire and annual security clearance procedures in accordance with the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) National Vetting Scheme.
Highly accessible and easily commutable from areas including; Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Alcester, Redditch, Kenilworth, Coventry, Evesham, Worcester, Bromsgrove, Droitwich Spa
You will already be working as: Forensic Analyst, PC Forensic Analyst, Mobile Device Forensic Analyst, Laptop Forensic Analyst