This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Digital Project Manager to join the rail division of a FTSE 250 London based company on a major greenfield project utilising state of the art Azure PaaS to deliver a customer experience driven digital Omni-Channel ticketing and retail platform.
The company are committed to delivering an ambitious digital channel shift strategy over the next two years as part of their agreement with the Department for Transport utilising Agile/Kanban methodologies.
The Omni-Channel ticketing and retail platform is a first for a train operating company with a committed technology investment of over £6million.
- Your key focus will be to deliver a leading edge digital retailing platform utilising Agile/Kanban methodologies working within a co-located business and technology environment. You will work alongside the Digital Product Owner, Technical Project Manager and Development resources to achieve successful iterative and prioritised deployments into production.
- You will also oversee the Continual Improvement pipeline for each digital product once the Minimum Viable Product has been released into production.
- You will manage a Digital BA, ensuring generation and control of business requirements for the new retailing platform and digital retailing for both MVP and into CI.
- You will perform the relevant reporting and project governance as set out in the PMO guidelines and Programme organisation structure and work within a matrix management structure with parallel squads delivering CRM, in-station retailing, UX and UI.
- You will support the Head of Business Solutions by representing IT Programme Delivery at relevant financial approval and project governance boards and long term IT steering boards
- At a team level you will be expected to play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimise the efficiency of the project team
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Final Salary Pension
- 15% Bonus
- 25 Days annual leave
- Company benefits and discounts
Key Experience Required
We are looking for an experienced digital project manager with a solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices with the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- You will have a proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including at least five years’ experience as a Project Manager, managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- You will have a sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- You will bring the ability to provide leadership to their business analysts, collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- You will have extensive Agile experience (ideally Kanban) and an understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- You will have experience of overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- Ideally you will have some experience of Azure PaaS and API’s but this is not a requirement.
- You will ideally have experience of using JIRA for issue and project tracking.
The company is creating an exciting culture of business and technology hero’s, co-located together, working as one team to create and continually evolve in an agile iterative environment a first class suite of retailing services.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us