We’re seeking an experienced Director of Care to take up a position with a Care Provider in the West Midlands. As the Director of Care, you’ll be responsible for delivering strategic operational leadership to the Heads of Services and wider teams, actively support and deliver on the development of the care and Support Strategy, whilst developing a culture of a positive, open and high performing leadership. It is imperative that you have significant experience at Senior / Director level within the Social Care Sector, leading a large multi-site business. On offer is a package of circa £75,000 – £80,000.
The Director of Care role
My client operates a large number of Care Services across the West Midlands for vulnerable adults, including Residential Care, Extra Care and Supported Living and have an excellent track record with CQC inspections, with the majority of their services being rated Good or above.
The Director of Care is responsible for
- Delivering Strategic Operational leadership to the Heads of Service and their wider teams
- Develop and maintain a culture of positive, open and high performing leadership where excellence is achieved
- Ensure that robust quality systems are embedded across the care services and operates a learning culture to provide the highest levels of customer service and assurance to the Executive board and stakeholders
- Develop and be accountable for the delivery of performance targets including financial targets to support the business plan and growth
- Ensure that risks are managed, and relevant regulatory requirements are adhered to across all services
- Lead and develop strategies, plans and activities to improve performance and effectively manage challenges, including the recruitment if sufficient quality staff, meet occupancy targets and ensuring that Heads of Service are aware of their responsibilities and are accountable for delivery in their areas. Ensure that there is an effective programme of service reviews and quality audits in place, that are carried out and actions to address areas of non-compliance are developed and delivered.
- Lead the culture of change across the division, actively contributing to and promoting the Care And Support Strategy, ensuring that plans for continuous service improvement and innovation are in place
- Develop a participation strategy to maximise customer involvement and choice and is innovative in the market
- Contribute to the growth and development of their services, working with the director of New Business to seek and develop partnerships with Commissioners, regulators and partners that lead to growth
The Successful Candidate will have;
- Significant experience at Senior / Director level of the Health and Social care sector
- Excellent leadership skills, with extensive experience of leading significant levels of business and largen numbers pf dispersed staff across a wide geographical area
- Significant experience of developing strategy and developing operational plans for large and complex businesses
- High level of sector knowledge, legislation and regulation – you MUST have a Social Care background
- Extensive experience in the long-term financial planning and management of care and support services
- Demonstratable experience of successfully achieving change and high performance through the leadership of others
- Significant experience of delivering culture change programmes, ensuring a positive ethos and commercial awareness
Interested? To be considered for the Director of Care role, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment . Please note we are only considering candidates that have worked at this senior level in a large multi-site care business before
For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Interviews will be held in January
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.