- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Due to continued growth, my client, a leading manufacturer of high quality Architectural Metalwork solutions are now looking for a Design Office Manager
As an experienced Design Office Manager you ensure that all drawings and designs are prepared to the correct information and standards and meet the required specification.
Day to Day Duties will include:
Direct and control the staff of the department to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and carry out their responsibilities.
- Oversee all drawing processes to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of the drafting process and that relevant standards and codes of practice are adhered to
- Monitor site programmes to ensure that the required resources are employed to meet production requirements.
- Monitor output to ensure that drawings meet the established standards in terms of both content and quality.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to ensure that they are aware of programme requirements and to identify potential problems.
- Provide advice and support to other departments on production and design issues.
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in drawing and design and introduce new systems so that the Company makes the best use of technological developments in its sector.
- Attend site meetings with Project Architects, Engineers and Client Design Team to ensure contract design intent is met. Highlight any commercial issues raised during this process.
The successful Drawing Office Manager must have knowledge of the Industry and possess the following, Skills and Experience:
A relevant technical or engineering qualification, HNC, HND /City & Guilds
- Must have AutoCad and Advanced Steel experience
- At least 5 years’ management experience;
- Detailed knowledge of the plant, equipment and processes used;
- Organising and co-ordinating skills;
- Be self-motivated and show the drive and determination to ensure that you deliver high standards at all times.
- Demonstrate that you can communicate effectively at all levels, being able to work to and achieve tight deadlines and having excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrate a flexible and positive can do attitude and be able to priorities /manage work load /change of focus at all times
- Have a full clean driving licence.
The Company and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a company leading the way in Architectural metalwork, boasting clients who are building some of the most prestigious properties in the UK.
As a Successful Drawing Office Manager you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV to the link below or call Dawn on 0121 362 2309