- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Milton Keynes
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Our client is one of UK’s leading manufacturers of chilled and frozen foods. Due to steady growth they are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead their team in Milton Keynes.
As an Engineering Manager you will…
• Initiate and support key projects utilizing both in house expertise and contractors relating to process improvements, waste & material variance reductions, labour efficiency and productivity increases.
• Promote quality to your team as a key performance measure and ensure quality standards are at best maintained and improved where scope exists.
• Identify opportunities for improvement/innovation and to develop and implement action plans in conjunction with your Line Manager to maximise potential benefits of such opportunities for the business.
• Continually review your teams shift patterns to align these with forecasted sales and fluctuations driven by seasonal sales and promotional activity.
• Manage all HR issues relating to your team, i.e. attendance, punctuality, discipline, grievance, etc. fairly and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
• Work in a safe manner at all times and adhere to the company’s health and safety policy
To be considered for the Engineering Manager role you will have…
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Engineering Manager within food, beverage or FMCG environment.
• Ability to manage the engineering function to deliver a robust service to site, improving on equipment effectiveness and reliability.
• Flexible and adaptable approach with problem solving, ability to keep the site / equipment running in the face of adversity.
• Ability to form interdepartmental relationships and work closely with other managers to structure engineering works to have minimum impact on production efficiencies.
•Strong communication skills, with an ability to form inter-departmental relationships and work closely with other managers.
Our client was first established in the 1970s, today its one of the biggest food manufacturers in the Uk. They have established a far reaching reputation for its appetising range of pastries which include its popular small bite size products through to larger family lines.
The role may be suitable if you have previous experience as a Head of Engineering, Engineering Supervisor or Engineering Manager.
It is likely candidates will be commutable from Leighton Buzzard, Northampton, Banbury and Milton Keynes.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.