- £40000 - £50000 per annum
- Job Type:
- West Midlands
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Finance Manager / IT Manager required to join my client based in the charity sector.
This is a hybrid role combining responsibility for Finance/Accounting alongside a strategic overview of IT – Responsibilities will include:
Finance and accounting
- To hold the role of principal finance officer.
- To review, ensure adherence and update financial procedures as necessary to reflect the current legal and operational requirements.
- To prepare the annual budget, in consultation with the CEO, and submit it to Trustees for approval.
- To maintain a strategic financial plan that indicates trends and requirements of the client’s strategy and which forecasts future years’ budgets.
- To monitor income and expenditure in relation to the budget, producing explanatory reports and, if appropriate, options for corrective action.
- To prepare statutory accounts for audit.
- To advise the CEO and Board if fraudulent activities are suspected or uncovered.
- To manage, negotiate and monitor allocated contracts, leases, service level agreements and relationships with external contractors.
- To ensure accurate VAT accounting and payment, and that VAT reclaim returns are submitted as required.
- To oversee cash flow projections and all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security.
- To oversee completion of group payrolls, and ensure all forms including timesheets, new starter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted and salaries paid within required deadlines.
- To participate in financial routines including BAC’s transmission and other inter system links.
- To supervise finance and payroll systems.
- To own banking and card relationships.
- To monitor and advise on pension scheme performance and liabilities.
- To oversee the development and maintenance of high quality IT networks and systems to meet the client present and future needs, ensuring financial implications are planned and budgeted accordingly;
- To ensure legal, security and privacy requirements of the database systems and software licences are maintained;
- To ensure an efficient IT backup strategy, appropriate access levels of all users, and anti-virus software, systems and procedures are maintained.
- To support maintenance and development of organisational databases.
A rewarding opportunity with broad responsibility with-in a Charity. To work with-in an organisation who have been in existence for over 100 years. This role requires a combination of financial management and IT awareness, as it will involve responsibility for managing 3rd party IT suppliers and building an IT operational roadmap.
Financial certifications such as ACCA, CIMA and QBE would be nice to have, however demonstrable experience will outweigh the need for any certifications.
Will suit candidates who have worked as Finance Manager, IT Manager, Finance Officer.