We’re looking for a talented Financial Controller to work for our client, an operationally focussed global logistics/F&B business that has undergone significant transformation.
They want to recruit an experienced and confident accounting specialist, ideally experienced in FMCG with a large number of clients and transactions, strong technical accounting knowledge (including IFRS) and a good understanding of relevant UK tax principles.
The company’s Head Office is in West London however they are open to a mix of home and office working, with 1 day a week at Head Office required for team meetings. The salary for this role is up to £60k, dependent on experience.
You would play a key role supporting the Head of Financial Control in the production of management information, tax management and financial reporting, whilst also taking ownership of all areas within taxation such as VAT, Corporation Tax and Intrastat, for UK & ROI, keeping up to date on latest changes in VAT treatment for UK & ROI with support from tax consultants.
Other key tasks to include…
– Preparation of annual Cognos submissions for corporation & deferred tax, analysis of tax accounts and balances, complete tax workings for annual computation and support for external advisors
– All correspondence with Companies House and related declarations.
– Management of fixed assets, additions & disposals, M3 asset module maintenance, depreciation calculations and audit of fixed assets
– Managing the updating of the Group IFRS16 portal with relevant and accurate information
– Assisting the Financial Control team with monthly management & statutory reporting.
– Relevant accounting / tax qualification (P/Q CIMA, ACA, ACCA, ATT) or qualified by experience
– Proven controlling/accounting experience in a FMCG or Private Equity/PLC environment.
– Technical accounting knowledge (including IFRS) and a good understanding of relevant UK tax principles
– ERP and finance application systems experience (company currently use M3, Cognos, Microsoft Dynamics)
– VAT / Corporation Tax knowledge
– An analytical mindset, with the confidence to articulate process improvements across the Finance function
– An ability to identify control or process weaknesses and to support implementation of best working practices
– Thrives in a driven and time pressured environment, able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
Basic salary: Offering an excellent salary of up to £60,000. Full details of package to be disclosed at interview.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Financial Controller role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.