The Fostering and Adoption Service aims to provide variety and choice of placements and a diverse range of foster carers of different racial origin, religious
persuasion and cultural and linguistic backgrounds to meet the assessed needs of children and young people and to respond to the current and predicted demand for
– To hold a reasonable number of complex cases and provide regular support via telephone and supervisory visits to foster carers including occasional unannounced visits which are all recorded. To ensure that the complaints information is available.
– In addition to facilitate monthly support groups when requested.
– To monitor and review the suitability and competence of foster carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
– To monitor that children/young people and their families are being provided with foster care services that respond to the assessed needs that value diversity and promote equality.
– To ensure the necessary Risk Assessments are done.
– To ensure compliance with child protection procedures
– To support foster carers in preparing children and young people for independent or semi-independent living.
– To ensure that carers fully understand the task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:-
– The appropriate professional qualification and registered with HCPC
– At least 1 years experience working as a Supervising Social worker in a Fostering/adoption Team as a senior or practitioner
– Delivery skills to foster training
– Are committed to high standard of service to children and foster carers
– Have a strong and proven commitment to the implementation of equal opportunities
– Have a thorough knowledge of all relevant current legislation and fostering/adoption standards
– Have experience in strategic management and understand the current OFSTED inspection process
– To work as part of a team responsible for the recruitment, training and assessment of Foster Carers /adopters
Interested? Click Apply and your application will be considered or call Kelly on – 0121 3622315
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us